In addition to the regular or directed Patrol Deputy requirements, the Recreation Deputies are responsible for enforcement of any laws pertaining to County Forestry Ordinances, and the safe operation of Recreational vehicles including ATV's, Snowmobiles, and Watercraft.
It is their responsibility to patrol:
- Over 300 miles of ATV trail
- 425 miles of snowmobile trails
- 49 miles of cross country ski trails
- 151 square miles of lakes and water, including 17 miles of the Bay of Green Bay
- Coordinate water rescue, search and rescue on land, and monitor timber sales
For more information on Oconto County trails please visit Forest & Parks.