Kinship Care

Provides non-legally responsible relatives a cash benefit while caring for a minor (e.g., grandchild, nephew, niece). The Family Services Division completes the home study and processes payments. This can be court-ordered or non-court-ordered. Payments are based on rates set by the State of Wisconsin.

Information on Kinship Care in Wisconsin