Who can apply for a Grant?

You may be eligible for a grant under this program if all of the following requirements are met:

  • You reside in a county or governmental unit that is participating in the program.
  • You have received a written enforcement order/determination of failure to correct the violation from an approved county or local governmental unit representative before replacement beings.
  • Your PR or SCE is not located in an area served by municipal sewer.
  • The private sewage system serving your PR or SCE was constructed prior to July 1, 1978.
  • The family income of all owners of the PR is less than $45,000 or the gross revenue of the SCE is less than $362,500. (Grant awards for PRs are reduced by $.30 for each $1 earned over $32,000.)
  • Your PR or SCE is served by a category 1 or 2 failing system.
  • The PR or SCE is occupied 51% of the year by the owner.
  • The SCE is operated by the owner and has a daily wastewater flow rate less than 5,000 gallons per day.
  • Your application is submitted within three years from the date of the verification of failure.

Show All Answers

1. Who can apply for a Grant?
2. When is my Private Sewage System Considered Failing?
3. How Much Money Can I Receive?
4. If my application is approved, when do I get the money?
5. What do I need to do to apply?